Le Puy Gites and Bed & Breakfast in Nontron , Dordogne, Perigord Vert Parc Natural - New for 2017.
Le Puy Chambre d'Hote & Gites New for 2017
All three properties are 18th century stone barn conversions. Newly renovated to a high standard throughout, retaining traditional features and original character. Most of the renovation work has been carried out using traditional, local artisan methods & equipment from the 19th century!
“Maison Le Puy” Chambre D'hote
The main house accommodation offers four spacious & comfortable ensuite bedrooms. Decor is a mix of traditional french themes with a modern twist.
For the weary traveller that prefers to lounge! We have a large well appointed living room with 40” TV with UK freeview and cosy wood burner for those cold winter nights. Office computer & fax facilities are complimentary. Wifi available.
Our dining room opens out onto a summer terrace for alfresco dining & Petit dejeuner. “Table d' hote Firebox Sarment” can be enjoyed on the terrace overlooking the valley in high season.
Gite "Maison Chaitagne”
The old stone chestnut house is independent from the main property. Accommodation is on ground level and has been completely renovated to a very comfortable standard whilst retaining all its' original character and features. Comprising of two bedrooms (one double and two single beds), bathroom, open plan kitchen/lounge. One extra single sofa bed can be provided in lounge for a fifth guest. Gastronomes will appreciate a well equipped kitchen upon arrival. The patio and gardens are both private and shaded areas. The little chestnut house just outside and to the right of the Gite is a great hangout for kids wanting some game- space from the parents! Wifi & TV included.
Gite "La Grange Mineurs”
The original old silver miners barn dating back to around 1760 has been completely renovated to a very comfortable standard. Whilst retaining all of its original character features. Accommodation is on ground level and comprises of one double bedroom en-suite, large open plan kitchen/Lounge. One extra single sofa bed can be provided in the lounge for a third guest. Gastronomes will appreciate a well equipped kitchen on arrival. The covered terrace and gardens command great views of the valley and are both private and shaded.
What Le Puy has to offer..
Whether your passion is sight seeing, walking, cycling, star gazing or simply lazing by the pool with all the family, all can be enjoyed at ones own pace at Le Puy! We are nestled in a small valley situated on 20 hectares of private grounds at the heart of the Perigord Vert National Park region. A nature lovers paradise that is still only five minutes from the villages of Nontron and St Pardoux La Riviere.
100km of trails adjacent to the property provide cycling, horse riding, nature walks and rambling on your doorstep. Lakes, beach, Chateau, Golf, swimming, karting, canoeing and tennis all within a 30 minute drive.
Commanding panoramic views of the famous Perigord Vert landscape and Parc Naturel. Yet only 5 minutes drive or 25minute cycle to the traditional, quaint and typically french villages of Nontron and St Pardoux La Riviere. Where you will find all amenities including several Cafe-bars and restaurants.
Twenty minutes and you arrive at the medieval town of Brantome (Little Venice of the South West & one of 'Les Plus Beaux Detours' in France) with its stunning architecture, gastronomic restaurants and Benedictine Abbey. Forty minutes drive will also take you to the lovely medievel Dordogne capital of Perigueux, Angouleme and Limoges. This makes our location quite unique.
So whether you are passing through or looking for the ideal place to spend your entire French vacation, visit one of the prettiest and best situated locations in France to explore the Aquitaine and Dordogne regions.
- Gites and B&B are stone character properties renovated to a high standard new for 2017
- Free Wifi throughout
- Both Gites are private & separate from the B&B with own patios and have well equipped kitchens for gourmet dining. Barbecues, games, books, toys and bikes all available.
- Linen, towels and basic kitchen essentials included. (Pool towels not provided)
- Our Pool and Sun Lounging area includes a refreshment bar and is enclosed, private and safe for children.
- Large flat screen TV’s available on request (UK Freeview)
- Private fun fishing pond and picnic area
- All amenities including shops, quality restaurants and bars 5 minutes drive
- Commencing high season 2017, we will be offering table 'd hote by the "Firebox Sarment" - a barbecue with a difference! "Dining with the stars".
- Amenities on site include; 30 acres of grounds and forest, enclosed pool, bicycle rental,100km walking, cycling, riding paths from the property, pond for fun fishing, picnic, amazing sunsets, star gazing.
- On occasion we can offer One to One Professional Photography lessons & Western pleasure horse riding on site. Please note: limited places available only in high season, enquiries & reservation advised when booking gite rental